Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winsock Error 10057

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 johnbald1

johnbald1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 04:27 PM

I got this error when I tried to do and update on my System Mechanic version 6 Pro program. All other aspects of net connection work, just this particular error which states:

WSAENOTCONN (10057) Socket is not connected.

Berkeley description: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket) no address was supplied.

WinSock description: Same as Berkeley, and then some. An application attempted an input/output network function call before establishing an association with a remote socket (i.e. before calling connect() or accept()). It also has a specific meaning for setsockopt().

Detailed description:

setsockopt(): WinSock generates this error if you try to set SO_KEEPALIVE but the connection has already been aborted (e.g. a TCP reset received from remote host).

Developer suggestions: Chances are, that if you encounter this error, your application ignored the failure of some previous function. Although some WinSock implementations might not issue other errors if a connection fails, so you can handle this error as you would others that indicate connection failure.

Good info but what would be a way to resolve it?

Edited by johnbald1, 01 January 2006 - 08:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users