Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

product key for microsoft word

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leve05

leve05

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

I got my computer back in 2007, brand new from sony and i bought with them Microsoft Office word 2007 recently I just reinstall windows in my computer and lost the key product, i have no records of the key product it's lost. Is there any way I can recover it?or i have to buy a new key from microsoft?
I really dont really want to pay again for something i paid for before. it's 150 dollars please can someone help . thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 28 April 2011 - 09:04 AM.
Moved from Vista to Business Applications.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

Not sure if Sony support can provide you the license key, but you may try to call them about it.

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

Microsoft issue...I would contact them.

I'm just curious...how is it that you reinstalled Windows and have that key...but do not automatically reinstall all apps, assuming that you used Sony restore to factory default function?

Louis

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

If you don't have the Office install disc and have already reformatted, it's gone. You might have some luck begging from Microsoft, but it's a long shot.

For future reference, use Produkey or the Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder to retrieve Microsoft product keys before reinstalling.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users