Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange svchost.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 scottbb7

scottbb7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:11 PM

The CPU usage in my task manager varies from about 2% to 75% without running any additional programs. I was able to find a strange svchost.exe/prefetch process running in task manager and when I delete it the CPU runs normally. Unfortunately, every time I reboot the computer it comes back. I've run my Super anti spyware, malware bytes and spybot and none of them get rid of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Scott

Edited by Orange Blossom, 27 April 2011 - 10:16 PM.
Moved to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hi,

Try to run tasklist/svc in the command prompt just to check what are related to this certain SVCHOST.exe resource hog.

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users