Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wmp 10 Will Not Open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 esdog

esdog

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hi, i have suddenly developed a problem with wmp10. When i first log on to my system i can open wmp and play a music file ( 1 only ) but nothing else. If i try to access wmp again the screen flickers and nothing happens. If i try to play a movie wmp tells me it is playing but i get a black screen and the counter does not move. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and have made sure it is my default player to no avail.
Everything else is working fine. Any ideas ?
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, on others I let her sleep in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

Have you done a virus scan recently? Part of the problem could be a virus is lurking around inside your harddrive and causing this. I recommend Bit Defender's online scan. We'll go from there.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#3 esdog

esdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:40 PM

I have done a online scan using kapersky and also run a scan using Nod 32 with a clean result from each. I have also run Hijack this and all seems ok there as well.
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, on others I let her sleep in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users