Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP!! Computer locked up!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mollyG123

mollyG123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

When I turn on my computer, I briefly see a black screen that says key board failure. Then Windows opens VERY Slowly - with a solid black screen appearing very briefly again during the loading of Windows XP. Cannot navigate on page, even with Tab button, or mouse. However keyboard works to get me to safe mode via F8. Once in Safe mode - the screen that appears for Windows has two different Users, not my usual three icons for Users. And I cannot click on anything.
Can any one give me an idea of what might be wrong? Is there anything I can use thru the F8 function to see if I have a virus? HELP!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hi mollyG123,

Can you tell me if this a desktop or laptop computer?
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users