Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.fivesec

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pstampy

pstampy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:00 PM

Does anyone know from personal experience whether Norton can remove Backdoor.fivesec from the registry ?

Have now established that trojan.proxy.BK ( see below ) is known as Backdoor.fivesec to Symantec

If I pay out for Norton, can anyone tell me whether it can actually deal with this ?

ran spyware doctor on my PC ( Windows Home XP ) and it stated it found trojan.proxy.BK in my registry at various files on HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\FWCFG
I do not have the full version of Spyware Doctor which claims it can remove the trojan.

None of the other anti malware things on my PC can even find the trojan ie, Ad Aware, A Squared, and my Madesafe ( Solarsoft ? ) AVS / Norman firewall. ( and the 30 day trial of F Secure for which I had to remove everything else.)

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 greenonred

greenonred

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

I also have this problem with spyware Doctor finding this Trojan Proxy bk although i have full Norton Antivirus protection and various other freeware programmes which can't find a thing.. My computer is running fine (touchwood) and I'm wondering if this is scare tactics to provoke me into coughing up for the full spyware doctor program?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users