Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having Trouble with Raid 0 array crashing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mistaong1

mistaong1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:15 PM

System Info
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64BIT Operating System Software
Intel BX80601960 Core i7 960 Processor - 3.20GHz, 8MB L3 Cache, 4.8GT/s QPI, HyperThreading, Quad Core, Bloomfield, LGA 1366
WD CAVIAR BLK 640GB HD-SATA 7200RPM 3.5 32MB x 2 in a Raid 0 array
Sony Optiarc AD-7260S-0B 24x DVDRW Drive - 24x, S-ATA, Black, OEM
Sparkle SXX4701280D5-NM GeForce GTX 470 Video Card - 1280MB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0
Patriot PV7312G1600ELK Viper II 12288MB PC12800 DDR3 Triple Channel Memory Upgrade - 12GB, 1600MHz, 9-9-9-24, 3x4096MB
Intel BOXDX58SO2 Socket LGA1366 Motherboard - ATX, Socket B (LGA1366), Intel X58 Express, 1600MHz DDR3, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, RAID, Dual Gigabit LAN, SLI/CrossFireX Ready, USB 3.0
Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 Power Supply - 850 Watts, ATX, 140mm Fan, 80 Plus Bronze, SLI Ready, Active PFC
NZXT PHAN-001WT Phantom Full-Tower Case - E-ATX, ATX, MicroATX, 5 x 5.25" Bays, 7 x 3.5"Bays, 200mm LED Fan, White

So I just built this system. I got it all from Tiger Direct. It was fairly simple to get it up and running. I noticed that if I left the pc running and I came back into the room, if it had gone into sleep mode I would have to actually power it down and the back up as it would not wake out of sleep mode. So I went through and upgraded all the drivers and my motherboard bios etc. Well as I have now noticed its not really a sleep mode issue as the one of the times I was working on the PC it froze the screen went black and then it rebooted. The next time it did that I left the room real quick while it was booting. When I came back it said "no bootable media" So I restarted it and it started up fine. Then I left it for awhile and when I came back it was rebooting on its own and I noticed it only showed one of the hardrives rather then two and then it gave me the no bootable media again. Powered it down and back on and it ran fine. So basically if I leave it at all the PC shuts down not finding one of my harddrives. Most of the time it boots up fine every now and then it can't find the hard drive. If I am working on the PC it seems like it runs fine while I am working on it as I have only had it freeze up twice while working. So I am pretty sure this is some sort of issue with my raid array. I am using a onboard raid controller. Any help on how to stabilize my raid 0 array would be great.

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:40 PM

Nothing specific, but there have been problems with WD drives in RAID arrays due to sleep issues. Somewhere I remember reading about flashing the drives with RE2 firmware to alleviate the problem.

Edited by dpunisher, 27 April 2011 - 06:41 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users