Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE locks up, no updates possible,

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 senzamike

senzamike

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

I seem to have gotten myself infected. Not sure how I am going to get the one topic one porblem one post thing nailed down since all of this has started at once. IE randomly locks up. IE requires several taps of the icon before it opens and then in task manager there are several instances open although only one window and one tab are open and visible. Windows media player has been vaporized from my system, icon and all. any attempt to open WMP associated files results in the "choose program to open this file" window. I cannot uninstall programs from the control panel. Tried to update IE last night and it failed to install 3 times w/o explanation. Ran SAS and MBAM over the weekend, several items were removed. AVG free caught a trojan and removed it (or so I thought). I ran combofix after reading about it on another forum, but it didn't do anything. Just opened and then closed. Don't really know where to go from here. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 senzamike

senzamike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

oops... I forgot to include Toshiba L555D-S7930 laptop running windows 7 (32 bit) and IE8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users