Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Must be infected?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Curegirl80

Curegirl80

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

A little background...

I've had this laptop for over 4 years. Things were running smoothly up until a few days ago.

I used to have Spydoctor and Adaware SE personal. I'm not even sure if both are legit programs (or actual malware that my uncle DLed into the computer by accident) BUT... they kept the computer running and I didn't have an issue. They both expired and I never paid for it again. So I installed malwarebytes.

When I DID run into problems (like rogue programs sneaking in), I'd reboot computer, press F8, and run my comp in safe mode with networking, and run Malwarebytes. Usually, things would clear up. But for the last few years my spydoctor and adaware were no longer in use but still on my desktop. I tried to uninstall them a few days ago when things were getting weird on the computer and it seems to have made it worse.

NOW, I did rkill and malwarebytes but nothing is getting whatever is I have on here.

I can't get on the internet without being booted off, I have "ads" and music playing in the background when there are NO browsers open (specifically, the Lysol jingle, and someone saying, "Congratulations, you have won..."

I restored my computer back to April 1st and nothing. :(

I just ran malware bytes and DLed SuperAntiSpyware and it's only NOW that I can post this, but I know something is going on. What do I do? How can I get rid of all the junk, and protect this computer from anything happening?

Btw, I am not very computer savvy. I can DO things if given specific instructions, but am pretty clueless when it comes to actually dealing with it internally. I don't want to lose everything...I've been moving my pics onto disks, but I have a lot of information that I need to keep.

I appreciate ANY help I can get.

P.S. excuse the jumbled, incoherent post. I'm typing as fast as I can so I don't get booted off.

Also, if I have malwarebytes, should I keep SuperAntispyware, or only one?

Edited by Curegirl80, 27 April 2011 - 12:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:26 PM

Hi Curegirl80

Follow this guide http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html Step 9 will tell you where to post your logs. It will take about 9/10 days as they have a backup but they will be able to clean your computer.

Good Luck

#3 Curegirl80

Curegirl80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Thank you! :) I am going to attempt all of that now. :D

#4 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

You're welcome. Please let us know how it goes. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users