Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help please...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alivor

alivor

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:12 AM

my husband's home office computer, used for CAD drawings and the main source or our income, was infected with a malicious something (because my daughter used it to download stuff) and though I was able to somewhat remove it, it has caused major problems to the system overall...the printers have disappeared entirely (though the hardware manager still sees it), the volume, email,browsers are wonky ...the printer is a big deal for us, since he can't even get the CAD program to format a drawing so he can save it as a pdf. On top of this, my friend recommended I run combofix (in safemode w/network) before I found this site, and I may have made things worse. I'm at a complete loss. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ashutoshrathore

ashutoshrathore

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:01 AM

First of all I am not a professional but I can say that your PC has been attacked by Malwares and Viruses badly!
Don't Worry Use Malwarebytes' Antimalware and scan your whole PC :) Maybe that will be useful for you and always remember never use Combifix without any professional's direction. :) Or just wait,here at bleeping computer best tech guys are available to help you :)
ASHUTOSH RATHORE
Twitter

#3 alivor

alivor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

I ran malwarebytes and avast and and couple of other things...I'm beyond a simple fix now, because files are missing or corrupted...but thanks

#4 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hi alivor,

Try this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windowsfixdisk When you get to step 18 it should unhide your files. Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users