Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell won't load past f8 window

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 justjn

justjn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

I truly hope i am in the right spot for this. it all started a few days ago when i suspected i had a virus. avg didn't catch it but my malware scanner did. i kept getting pop ups non stop saying XXXXXXX.dll isn't a windows image please check the diskette. now i can't do anything. when i turn on the computer it asks me to boot in safe mode, normal mode etc without pressing f8. i am then taken to the bsod and can't go any further. it says "restart your computer. if this is your first time seeing this, check for space..... "
the very last line says tech info:stop:0x0000007e(0x0000005,0x80599ec1,0xf789e4bc,0xf789e1b8)
earlier today i had a different sequence of numbers. i was able to run a test yesterday and got these codes...error-ofoo:0244 and ofoo:1a44.. from what i can find, i am led to believe my hard drive is shot. since i can't get into anything on my computer i can only tell you the basic info. dell inspirion 531s, windows xp home edition.
i rarely use the pc, i stick to my laptop. the dell is primarily for my kids. one of them came to me and said he was getting the bad image pop ups. my oldest said he was playing league of legends a few days ago and says it started acting up after an update. now i have an overpriced paperweight. i have all the cd's that came with it but no os cd . i asked dell to ship it to me but haven't heard back.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users