Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings from Louisiana

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HubCityPC

HubCityPC

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm Kevin and I run Hub City PC Repair, LLC in Lafayette, Louisiana. I'm a one man show and typically do on-site work but I do have a home based shop in which I do more involved repairs.

I look forward to learning and helping out where I can.

Kevin
http://www.hubcitypc.com/
Regards,
Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 digitalsynner85

digitalsynner85

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hey Kevin, I also just joined today and I, too, am from Louisiana. New Iberia to be exact. Glad to see other people from LA here.
System Specs:
[Win7 64bit, 3.2ghz AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H, 8GB DDR3 Dual-channel (the brand is crucial IIRC), 1TB WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA 7500RPM, 4GB Nvidia GTX460, Razer Megalodon USB Headset]

#3 HubCityPC

HubCityPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Awesome! I guess it really is a small world!

Are you in the tech field in any fashion or just trying to expand your mind?

I've been to Bleeping Computer literally hundreds of times but only recently joined. Lots of good info, guides, etc. here.
Regards,
Kevin

#4 digitalsynner85

digitalsynner85

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

I dabble in the tech world, though it seems like lately I'm not nearly as good as I used to be lol. I'm really on here because I have an issue w/ my beast PC getting bleepty FPS for games. This is my first time here, so hopefully I can get back into the groove of everything.

I had built my own PC about 5 or so years ago and up until about 6 months ago, I was able to keep gaming on it lol. I ordered a PC off of IBuyPower.com and it's pretty awesome, except it's not performing like it should. Probably over expectations on my part, but maybe not.

How long have you had your business open?
System Specs:
[Win7 64bit, 3.2ghz AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H, 8GB DDR3 Dual-channel (the brand is crucial IIRC), 1TB WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA 7500RPM, 4GB Nvidia GTX460, Razer Megalodon USB Headset]

#5 HubCityPC

HubCityPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

I started Hub City PC repair back in 2009. I'm slowly building a clientele mostly from good 'ol fashion word of mouth. So far it's been fun, it keeps me busy and I'm always learning new stuff.

I used to head down to New Iberia on a regular basis. Myself and a bunch of good friends would play a lil ball on Bank St. I'm having a hard time doing that these days as my days are jammed from morning to night.
Regards,
Kevin

#6 digitalsynner85

digitalsynner85

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:26 PM

Damn, well at least having a lot of work means you're doing your job right lol. Well good luck with your company and if I have anybody who has computer issues, I'll send them to ya.
System Specs:

#7 digitalsynner85

digitalsynner85

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

I do have a question for ya though Kevin. Do you mind checking out the post I made in the gaming thread? The URL is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic393932.html/page__p__2223071#entry2223071. Hopefully you or someone else on the site can shed some light on my situation.
System Specs:

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users