Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Activating XP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 chule

chule

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:27 AM

My problem is that yesterday, when I started windows XP, it appeared a message saying that I have 7 days to activate my windows xp. OK, I put the key, and it said that it was activated. But, today when I've started the computer, it sayd that I have 6 days to activate it. And when I enter where you have to put the key, it says that it is activated. What's the problem? Will I lose windows xp in 6 days? Or I have to trust that it's activated? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:25 AM

Somethning is not sticking....if this is not a legit copy of windows then you may have a problem on your hands

#3 chule

chule
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:58 PM

What do you mean? And what can I do? :thumbsup:

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:00 PM

Is this a fully licensed version of windows xp? You actually bought it and have all the legitimate paper work etc. If not, then there is not much that can be done.

If it is legitimate, I would advise you to call Microsoft on this one and explain the situation.

#5 chule

chule
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:14 PM

No, it's not "legal"... But the keys that I put worked from december 2002; I think that it's because the service pack 2; I have to check something, and then I'll tell you...

#6 chule

chule
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:19 PM

OK, problem solved... No message now... :D

#7 wexel14

wexel14

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:45 PM

Im having the same problem with my windows XP how did you fix it. it keeps telling me to activate windows when i say ok it tells me windows is already active. What did you do to fix your problem.

#8 wexel14

wexel14

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:33 AM

chule what you do to fix the xp problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users