Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Computer running real slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tbiz52

tbiz52

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Hi! my computer is running really slowly. it has been doing this for quite awhile and i dont understand it.

when I got this dell 2 yrs ago it had mcafee on it, i left it thinking that mcafee should b good. i used Avast b4 that never had any problems. about 3 mos. after i got the computer it started acting crazy. i got in touch with dell and they told me i didnt have enough mg so i installed more.

It was still doing the same thing. the comp guy that i took it to apparently didnt no what he was doing cause he called me told me it was fixed. he said i had a virus that went rite around mcafee and he got it off. it took 3 times of him fixin and me takin it back b4 the owner called me and told me that it might need a new hard drive. i didnt hear from them 4 quite a while after that. finally bout three weeks and countless unanswered phone calls i got a call from some guy i never saw or heard of b4. he said he had my computer in the back of his van. he didnt no what they did to it.

i finally got in touch with the owner. he said he worked on it himself this time and put a new much better, larger, outstanding hard drive that cost $200. alone without labor in this time. he told me to try it out and let him no and we would work some type of $ out later.

the computer ran great after that. i tried 2 get in touch with him (at his home) after that leaving message after message n he never called me back. so i figured i got a freebie...

i uninstalled mcafee and installed avast first thing. (i got mcafee in a pile of other useless disks if anyone wants it.) about mayb 2-3 mos later it is acting up again. actually only going slow. it is not even just on the internet. goin into other programs within the computer itself. it does this twirly thing that says its thinking. i can use the facilities and come back and it still isnt there - then pop it gets there. sometimes it just wouldnt go there at all and i would have to back track or shut it down and start over.

It has been doing this for bout 6 mos now and i am just dealing with it. avast said there was no problem. i also used several of the programs in system tools, defrag, disk cleanup ect. everything said good to go. but there has to b some type of prob.

i cant afford any new programs so i have been surfing 4 free programs that would help me but seemed to continue to find things that would determine u had a prob but wouldnt fix it without ur buying the prog. i did download some hoping that i would finally find that one that really was free but only found out u hadta pay and uninstalled it.

till i stumbled upon ur site. i was so thrilled. i read and read and read. i tried that startup program would help but all but one of the startup programs i have said they were no found. i tried to them up on google but i still wasnt sure what i was doin so i stopped. then i downloaded malwarbytes malware, super antispyware, advanced systemcare free, secunia psi, security 360, and smart defrag. i have been using them now for about two weeks. i did several scans at the beginning and now am doing them about every other day. this sped it up good at the beginning and now it is slowing down the same but also freezing.

what to do? (Sorry so long)

Edited by tbiz52, 26 April 2011 - 04:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Take a look here: Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 tbiz52

tbiz52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

Wow lots of stuff. sorry i didnt do this first but i didnt see it. thot i looked everywhere but there is soooo much info on this site. it is amazing. Thank U I will start working on it in the morn.

Edited by tbiz52, 26 April 2011 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users