Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have to keep flushing DNS on windows 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SCS Computer Service

SCS Computer Service

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

I have a windows 7 64bit machine with 10gigs ram, Intel extreme board, etc. The problem I have been having is that every day I start the computer I have to flush the DNS in order to get on the internet. So as a test I installed a separate network card and still have the problem. I have updated everything and cannot figure out why I have to keep flushing the DNS. I have tried everything I can think of… Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lkegley9

lkegley9

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:35 PM

The quick fix would be to have a startup script flush your DNS every time on startup :P

But seriously, try disabling and re-enabling the DNS service or clear out your browser cache. Other than those two ideas, I'm not going to be much of a help.

#3 SCS Computer Service

SCS Computer Service
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

I wrote a .bat file that does just that but I really want to find out what is causing it in the first place.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

Download following tool and run it BEFORE you flush DNS, so I have a chance to see what's wrong.

Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Xander27

Xander27

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

I've been having the same problem since Jan. 1st! i didn't see this post until now. Sorry about a repost here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic483651.html

#6 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Xander27, stick with your new post as this one was from April 2011 and was never completed by the person asking for help.

I'll post a possible step to help there.

Zen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users