Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:37 PM
I am trying to help my friend with is computer, and I have exhausted my own knowledge on how to resolve the issue.
He is getting a "Windows Installer Error" when he tries to launch .msi files.
What I have done:
1) Check to see if service was running. (Services.msc - Windows Installer)
2) Msconfig, shows the service has (Stopped)
3) I have tried msiexec /unregister + /regserver
4) Checked the system files with sfc - Nothing reported corrupted
5) Exported, and Deleted - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions
6) Checked for the following keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations
I didn't find them.
Can anyone help shed some light on this for me.
P.s. does anyone know how to re-install "Windows Installer 5.0"
Thanks in Advance,