Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"No bootable partion in table"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

Wasn't sure where to put this, but its on an XP machine.

Doing a search on this seems to imply that its usually caused by the computer trying to boot from a different drive, and frequently is something like a USB drive or something in the CD/DVD drive.

I was called in to help when this error occurred. The computer had frozen when the patron plugged in her flash drive, the staff member helping her claims the flash drive was removed before rebooting, and when they rebooted they got "No bootable partition in table." I rebooted from there because I could do anything from there and it rebooted fine.

Is there anything I should be checking to make sure its working right on the off chance that this isn't related to the flash drive?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

Reading material, http://www.articlesbase.com/data-recovery-articles/tips-to-solve-no-bootable-partiton-in-table-boot-error-in-windows-1745696.html .

Failing CMOS batteries can cause unexpected system configuration errors, IME.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users