Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Account locked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tsgill

tsgill

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hi

almost every morning i have to reboot the Windows 2003 Server. Somehow the account/user profile is locked and windows 2003 server logs into a temp user profile.
To get back into my user profile/ account i always have to reboot the machine. I have no idea what is causing this problem.

Any suggestions or solution to this problem?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PenguinToo

PenguinToo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

First, I would check out the event logs to see there are any clues there. There should be some kind of entry there. Even if it doesn't capture the faulting event, it might give you some kind of indication of what is going on before the event.

Your description of the event also makes me wonder if the system is rebooting during the night. Is this the case? Are there any scheduled events that happen every night at the same time that might be causing a crash? Anti-virus scans, backup routines, etc...? Maybe you could change the times to run right after closing so that you could login remotely from home or something and see what is going on before you go to bed at night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users