Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJT-Log-Luke-followUp-please read

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Punkbus

Punkbus

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:24 AM

Hi.

I have cleaned up my PC, during the deleting of some files, i noticed the 'runonce.exe' file in my C:/WINDOWS folder, should I delete this, coz I think i read something about it being related to the coolwebsearch problem.

also when i used HijackThis in Safemode, I noticed that some of the parts of the log were no longer there.

These parts were:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2P NETWORKING] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\P2P NETWORKING\P2P NETWORKING.EXE /AUTOSTART
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AltnetPointsManager] c:\program files\altnet\points manager\points manager.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAZAA] C:\Program Files\Kazaa\kazaa.exe /SYSTRAY
O16 - DPF: {1D6711C8-7154-40BB-8380-3DEA45B69CBF} (Web P2P Installer) -

This was after I deleted:

the altnet folder
and uninstalled Kazzaa and deleted its folder,
and delted the P2P networking folder

Also 'Search Uninstaller' is still in my Add/Remove Programs and cant be uninstalled. one other thing is concerning me though, I run SpyBot, and each scan picks up a 'DSO Exploit' ( which cant seem to be fixed)

Here is the details-
DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

Is this important?

Thanks
Luke

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CalamityKen

CalamityKen

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:43 AM

Answered in your original topic.