Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Three beeps when PC is turned on then PC doesn't start up.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chillie

Chillie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

My PC is new (only a month old) and acts wierd sometimes. When I turn it on it'll beep 3 times then nothing. I have to hold the power button for like 10 seconds to reset it and then it's fine. I read somewhere that is a sign of a faulty keyboard or bad ram. Anyone know what I should do? I have a Razer Lycosa keyboard and corsair XMS3 memory (8gb). Thanks guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

Meanings behind beep codes are machine dependent. What's the make and model of the computer?

#3 Chillie

Chillie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Asus P8P67 Pro MB, I7-2600K CPU.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

Three beeps for that motherboard indicates that one of the RAM modules is faulty, for which there's not much that can be done except to replace the faulty module. Since it's an i7 processor, I'd wager that the computer is practically out-of-the-box new and so is probably still under warranty. If so, contact the company you purchased from for a replacement or repair.

#5 Farstanley

Farstanley

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:23 AM

My PC is new (only a month old) and acts wierd sometimes. When I turn it on it'll beep 3 times then nothing. I have to hold the power button for like 10 seconds to reset it and then it's fine

Had the same problem couple months back. Cleaned the RAM chip contacts and it's been fine ever since.

#6 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:39 AM

Maybe is this useless what I tell, but take care that when you put in a module just like the Ram card, that you are anti-static.
There are humans that find the term static electricity a fable, well I can tell that it is not a fable.
When you are static, you get that all with walking over carpet, than you don't have seen that, but it is there and when you crap the module than are you the child of the bill. I can sure you.
So maybe is that the problem and is your Ram card gone ghost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users