Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Data Backup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Avro_1

Avro_1

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:46 AM

Hi I have just had a custom built PC made for me and she is a Babe! But this is my first PC with a DVD drive. My Question is - Can I make backups on DVD as Data that's including Music & Photos, and in the event they are needed can I just slip in the DVD and reinstall everything from the data DVD. (I know i won't be able to play the stored music etc but thats ok. I would just like to know if I can store music & photos as data and reinstall from disc?

Thanks in advance,
Avro_1

:thumbsup:
[/quote]On making your way through life beome a warrior & a hunter and know that death is the last witness[quote]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GTA-PC

GTA-PC

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:56 AM

Backing up on DVD is no different than backing up on CD, even music backed up on DVD can be played as normal. If you want to back up the system to DVD for simple reinstall then you should use software like Ghost or True Image to back it up with. But for day to day file, pic and document backup any burning software will do it.
Currently running:
Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 3.46G Dual Core Processor (LGA775 @ 1066MHz FSB), ASUS P5WD2-E Premium Board, ATI X1800 PCI-E 256M, 4GB OCZ PC2-4200 Dual Channel RAM, Twin 250G WD 16M KS Series SATA II, WinXP Pro x64 all in liquid cooled case, 23" Wide Screen LG LCD Display.
Boys with toys.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users