Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

printed pages cut off at bottom

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 44guy

44guy

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

The problem I am having is that when I go to print tax return forms from the IRS site or New York Tax Dept site, the form prints "short", that is, the last four or five lines of each page do not print.

You cannot save the data in these forms, they will only save as a blank form. Your only option is to print it.

However, although Adobe tells how to cure this problem ( by clicking File-Print and going down the menu which comes up to "printer scaling", then chosing "print to fit page", this only works if there is a
FILE menu on the left hand side of the page.

In these tax sites, the forms do not have a tool bar above allowing you to chose a FILE menu.
You can right click the mouse and chose PRINT, however it will print a cut off page.

SOOOOOOO ..how do I either:
1. Get a standard Tool Bar to appear on top of the form, on these web site pages, or
2. use some other device or method to print these documents to fit the page.

If any of you are about to suggest right clicking on the printer icon PRINTERS, in the control panel, forget it....my printer does not bring up anything about "Print Scaling".

Hopefully, some geek out there will read this and solve my problem. Thank you. 44 Guy

Edited by hamluis, 25 April 2011 - 08:52 PM.
Moved from XP to All Other Applications.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,093 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

Every computerized tax form that I have seen...is available at the website of the sponsoring governmental agency...and reflects a printed version option which has resulted in everything being printed properly.

I'm not sure where Adobe figures into tax preparation.

If you are using a 3d-party app to do taxes...then the problem resides with the support for that application, IMO.

Louis

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/TurboTax/Install-Adobe-Reader/GEN12226.html

Edited by hamluis, 25 April 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#3 44guy

44guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Dear Hamluis, Please don't insult me. I'm not that stupid!

Go on to the IRS web site, bring up on of their tax returns or schedules, use the print command and see what you get.

Try the same thing on the New York State Tax Dept web site.

They both cut off the bottom.

You can also not save them to another file, in fact they will save a blank form only in PDF format
(which is where Adobe "comes in")

The only way to apparently get the whole page is to cut and paste the whole page to
Notepad or some such program. I haven't tried it yet in word.

In the future, try not being so presumptuous.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,093 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

Hate to say it...but any number of users do print forms from IRS successfully each year. I happen to fall into that number and if you choose to not believe that it works in the manner I described...for those who don't have the problem you seem to have...that's fine with me.

Louis

#5 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

In agreement with Louis.

While I have never had need of the New York State Tax Dept web site. I have for the last several years used the IRS site to fill-in\down load\print any\all necessary documents.

The issue does seem to be an isolated one related to a particular configuration problem on your PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users