Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect, Constant IE Script Errors, Virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jonsie Blue

Jonsie Blue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

I recently acquired a virus that has been quite difficult to deal with. Right after getting the virus, I shut down and restarted in Safe Mode. I ran Spybot S&D, which found multiple entries and deleted them through that. I also ran Malware-bytes and Avast. Neither of those two found any system problems.

The problem still persists. Mainly what is happening is intensive computer slowdown, google redirecting, IE script errors for example:

Internet Explorer Script Error
An Error has occured on the script of this page.
Line: 58
Char: 237
Error: 'document.body' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://rcn.tv/?utm_source=adon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=113721_82
Do You want to continue running scripts on this page?

One other thing is Spybot S&D detects registry entries and at one point I recall seeing a system32 "AGO or AVO" Worm asking to be accepted.

Not exactly sure what to do here.. Any suggestions or places to get started would be extremely helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jonsie Blue

Jonsie Blue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

Also, a little more information:

I am running Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 32-bit.

Another problem I'm having is that I don't have administrator access for some reason and at one point I was not allowed to delete an infection through I believe Avast because of it.

Just to give a little more information, I keep getting a message that says "catalyst control center is not responding, or shutting down".

Edited by Jonsie Blue, 26 April 2011 - 03:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users