Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Video No Beeps Confused?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 duckswin

duckswin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 05:41 AM

Just built new pc with all new parts from newegg. Finally got system put together, pushed power button and the computer starts, but nothing comes up on the screen. Not sure what the problem is, im going to grab a couple video cards from work tomorrow and try those but i would like to use the video card I have now. Here are my specs.
GIGA-BYTE K8NS-PRO
AMD ATHLON 3000+
512 Corsair Value
Rosewill FX5500

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 06:53 AM

Go through the basic checks.

CPU pins, if it isnt contact.
All IDE/Sata/power cables.
Reset cmos jumper. (if available)
Cmon battery ( unlikely as root of problem)

Any beeps? any noises at all? If it isnt anything above, I think its vid card.

#3 enos

enos

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:17 PM

duckswin,

Make sure that you have the small internal speaker (the one inside the case) hooked up so that you can hear the POST beebs. Those beebs will not come through the regular computer speakers so you must have the internal hooked up to hear them. You may also want to take out the video card, and memory and reinstall them making sure that everything is seated correctly. If you suspect a bad video card try the video card on another computer.

#4 duckswin

duckswin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

Tried Video Card in another computer and it worked fine, reset CMOS and removed battery for 30 minutes. Checked all cables and ram...still no luck. I will be bringing home some more parts to try out on the mobo today...hopefully with some luck.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

Is the new video card PCI or AGP?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 enos

enos

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:21 PM

You might also want to try the memory on a different computer since the video checked out okay. Couple other things:
1) Is there power getting to the system? (Fans coming on?)
2) Make sure RAM is compatible with the MB
3) Make sure you used the proper insulators (risers) so that the MB is not shorting out on the case
4) Did you apply the sivler thermal paste between the processor and the processor fan?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users