Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows updates fail after removing malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rallygrrl

rallygrrl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

I have a 32-bit running XP Pro (v. 2002), service pack 3.

Yesterday my computer became infected by XP Anti-Spyware 2011. After checking with McAfee a forum post referred me to bleepingcomputer.com. I found the page "Remove XP Anti-Spyware 2011, Vista Security 2011, and Win 7 Internet Security 2011 (Unistall Guide)" at www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2011.

I followed all the instructions to the letter. My computer seems to be fixed, which is a relief, but now I cannot get any of my Microsoft Windows updates. When I go Microsoft.com for the updates and press "express" I get the following:

[Error number: 0x80070424]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

I have looked at and tried all the options Microsoft has provided and still no luck. Any ideas or suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,549 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Worth a look, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windows-update-error-0x80070424/6511a332-7de3-4f10-b823-49b6dae86b9c .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users