Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Keyboard Issue HP TX2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shimz482

shimz482

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:53 AM

I'm guessing this is due to a water damage, the bottom row of my keyboard is spitting out the wrong letters.
Eg: zxcvbnm,./ is showing up as asdfbnjkl;

Any other solutions other than replacing the entire keyboard?

I have a HP Touchsmart tx2

Please help!!

Thanks

*laptop

Edited by shimz482, 25 April 2011 - 11:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,475 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Is the Num Lock on?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 lti

lti

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:06 PM

That sounds like the water that was spilled on the laptop got inside the keyboard and is shorting certain sections of the keyboard matrix, causing the bottom row of keys to work incorrectly. It would be extremely difficult to take apart the keyboard and dry it out, so you'll probably end up replacing the keyboard (unless there is a software issue).
Water could also be inside the keyboard connector on the laptop's motherboard. In this case, you would only need to dry the inside of the connector and the contacts on the keyboard.
Of course, I am assuming that water (or some liquid) actually got spilled on the laptop. The keyboard or the connection to the motherboard could still be bad.

#4 Suicide King

Suicide King

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

Definitely odd. Before you replace the keyboard completely, I'd try two things:

1) Remove the keyboard and reseat (reinsert) the keyboard ribbon cable -- and also clean off anything on the contacts with a little rubbing alcohol of 91% concentration or higher.

2) Make sure your keyboard settings are correct and set to English. It could be that your keyboard settings in windows are set to a different language. Under control panel you will find options for "Regional and Language settings", although it might be slightly different depending on your windows version. From there you should be able to find options for your keyboard language control.

Lets see if either of these methods turn anything up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users