Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

desktop problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maddmaxx

maddmaxx

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

hi fellas, i have a desktop problem ,hoping someone can give me some guidance.comp specs: amd dual core 245 athelon, asus motherboard, his 4670 graphics, 2 gig memory, 400 watt power supply. my problem is when the computer does start up, it later freezes. no mouse movement, no hard drive activity, seems no internet activity. when i reboot, the fans on chassie come on and some case lights (decorative) but hard drive lights do not show activity, graphics card no fan, and no screen what so ever. i wanna say its the power supply, but i am looking for advice on where to start. i am not completely ignorant to computers, i built mine 2 yrs ago, but im not akin to diagnosing one. any suggestions on where to start and how would be greatly appreiciated. thanks in advance. ps. sorry for some bad spelling.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Power supply would be the first place I would start. :thumbup2:
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

I had a similar issue with my last computer and it ended up being he motherboard which completely died a month or two after he symptoms started occuring.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#4 maddmaxx

maddmaxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

thanks fellas for the info, imma try switching out the power supply first to see if that works, i suspected the motherboard as well. oddly enough, i took out the hard drive to see if i could access the files from another computer and i could, so i kinda eliminated the hard drive, when i put it back in the computer, it worked again but only for a about 10 minutes before it froze again, then would not reboot, no post screen, bios, etc. i will keep you posted on what happens next. thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users