Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ip conflict problem are malware is hijacking my network

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Dickson

Robert Dickson

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:32 AM

Hello I have good computer skills an its not common for me to encounter something that I can not fix. I seem to be haveng a network problem in my house. Too get you on the same page as I am I have a xbox 360,ipod,laptop,desktop and a printer all connected to the same dlink network. My problem is my wirless network keeps Disconnecting off and on sometimes its up for 30mins then it Disconnects then after 10 minutes its online again sometimes it will go fine for a few days to weeks then it just suddley stops working I have try to unplug and reset my dink network a number of times just to get it to work again then after 24 hours to a few days it will go offline the funny thing is the lights on my dink modem and my cable modem are all green it will somes disconnct form my laptop only and my xbox will work fine and sometimes one will work and the other wont work its been funny beacuse on my laptop screen the wirless bar will go form Interent connctection to limited network to no interent and i get the yellow icon on my wirless bar on the taskbar of my laptop then if i wait it will go form limited network to Interent connctection then back to limited network i have also been getting a message on my laptop saying that theres another computer useing the same ip as my laptop my disktop is the host computer i have it hooked up to the cable modem the desktop computer seems to be the only computer that has not been haveing this problem its alway been fine for a few days but my xbox wont conntect somedays to my dlink network and other days it seems just to be my laptop then today i had to reinstall windows on my laptop just to get my wirless internet to work for a few hours then i got that stupid message saying ip conflict has anyone else been haveing this problem are can someone try to help me please

sorry about my spilling im really bad at that im just looking for some help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:55 AM

When this happens are wired devices affected my this networking issue?

#3 Robert Dickson

Robert Dickson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

No only things that use wifi

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

Have you tried updating the wireless card drivers?

#5 Robert Dickson

Robert Dickson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Yes i have updated and reinstall the drivers for the Wireless LAN Broadcom atpater on my laptop I even tryed the ipconfig/release Command and the ipconfig/flushdns Command and my wirless has still been working off and on today and i still keep getting disconnected and my wifi single is in range 100%

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:56 AM

Try removing your xBox from the network, and see if the issues go away.

#7 Robert Dickson

Robert Dickson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

thats not the problem when im on my laptop my xbox is not sign into xbox live are even turned on

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

Some networking devices behave weirdly when xbox's are connected to it.

#9 Robert Dickson

Robert Dickson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:29 PM

dose this picture help tell what the problem is perhaps

Posted Image

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

I would remove IPv6 from the Network Properties.

#11 Robert Dickson

Robert Dickson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

thank you now that long fe80: address is gone form ipconfig and perhaps know this problem wont happen again im going wait 24 hours and see if i get disconected are not

#12 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

Its one of the first things I do whenever I install an Operating system with IPv6 support is to remove it especially if I know that my networking equipment like my router doesn't support it.

#13 Robert Dickson

Robert Dickson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

ok its been 48 hours and my laptop has holded the connection

my xbox seems to not connect to the dlink network frist thing in the moring and i have to reconnect the dlink device to get it connected to xbox live for the day

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:15 PM

I would check D-Link for a firmware upgrade to fix a possible compatibility issue.

#15 Robert Dickson

Robert Dickson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:42 PM

Update I think i might of fix the xbox problem for know by punching in the ip addresses my self on my xbox i hope that it will use the ip address i sign it to so it will contune to connect to xbox live each day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users