Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Recovery virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dreamdreamer

Dreamdreamer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:40 AM

Greetings.

My computer was infected with the "Windows Recovery" virus. For the removal, I followed the instructions on this page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-recovery . After step 17, I restarted my computer and no matter what option I choose, it always takes me to the same screen, where I must choose between "safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration and start windows normally". It is just impossible to pass this screen. I dont know what to do. Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

Here at BC we have two main malware forums.

The Am I Infected forum is used much like a acreening forum, in addition to handling all malware posts which do not reflect the appropriate malware logs which would result in being moved to the BC Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html .

Part of the process posting in the Malware Removal Logs forum are reflected at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputom/forums/topic34773.html . If you wish to post in Malware Removal Logs forum...follow Steps 6 thru 9 exactly as they are written.

Currently, a backlog exists in the MRL forum, with logs from 16 Apr reflected at the top of the list.

The Removal Guide that you refer, saying that you have followed it...well, it has a section that you don't seem to have read.

"If you are still having problems with your computer after completing these instructions, ..." which directs you to follow the Prep Guide linked above. Perhaps you overlooked at part of the Removal Guide

Malware posts which do not reflect the appropriate malware logs...are routinely moved to the Am I Infected forum. This is done because there may be a solution available more quickly in the Am I Infected forum, as opposed to a 7-8 day wait in the Malware Removal Logs forum...and it allows us to try to facilitate the tracking and resolution of malware problems for members who have not followed the proper procedures for posting in the Malware Removal Logs forum or who have not read/used the appropriate removal guide for their identified malware item.

Feel free to follow the Prep Guide, as directed on the Removal Guide instructions...but be mindful of the current backlog.

Basically...your post was moved to AII because that is the correct forum for your post, as long as you did not prepare/present the proper logs for being moved or posting directly to the MRL forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users