Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't open any programs (computer infected)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vikkiluna

vikkiluna

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:44 PM

Hello, I've recently been infected earlier today but I have been able to remove it via my anti-malware software as well as AVG. After that all my applications seemed to be working perfectly until recently. Now I when I open any program I receive the "Open With and choose the program you want to use to open this file" box and I can't even do a system restore. I called the Del IT and they said that for some reason they can't find any proof of a warranty (that I did buy months ago but they want me to pay again). So please, if there's any way to help me I will be more than happy to receive it. Right now I'm in Safe Mode (and even on safe mode with the networking) the programs are doing the same thing. For some insane reason I'm able to use Internet Explorer so this is how I'm managing to write this.

However, I do remember them mentioning that something in the system has been removed. I'm not sure what it is. If that's any help to you.

Edit: I tried to download RDkill but when I press run nothing happens.

Also I have a Windows Vista (I forgot to mention it earlier)

Edit Edit:

I have fixed it! Please refer to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic393182.html if any of you have the same problems. I love this place so much.

Edited by vikkiluna, 25 April 2011 - 01:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users