Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tablet XP PC -Cannot Install Net Framework 2.0

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 moddman

moddman

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

I am having trouble installing net framework 2.0 on tablet xp pc. Setup runs then says cannot be installed. What can be the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:54 PM

Hi moddman

What version of XP do you have installed now
Do you have XP SP3 . The updates for .net framework should be up to 4 by now .
.net 3.5 is required for several operations on your system

Thank You

#3 moddman

moddman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

That's the thing tablet xp sp3 is installed with all updates 100%. The only thing is net framework 1.1 is installed, but net framework 2.0 or higher wont install says it "cannot be installed" message. I have programs that need at least 2.0 but they wont run cause of this issue. Please help me figure this out.

Edited by moddman, 25 April 2011 - 06:40 PM.

#4 moddman

moddman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

The computer is a Toshiba Protege laptop and from factory Tablet XP 2005 Edition. It was repaired once using the repair
function in the Tablet XP cd.

#5 moddman

moddman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

When I try installing net framework 2.0 it says that "setup cannot continue because it is not compatible with a previous version installed"

in the add/remove section it has 2.0 service pack 1 but it cannot be removed or repaired it says "dotntfx cannot be found" and asks for the source location on disk.

When I try to install 3.5 it gives an error log after setup finishes "[04/27/11,13:58:02] Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a. MSI returned error code 1635
[04/27/11,13:58:33] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0a is not installed."

#6 moddman

moddman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

I think I found the partial answer I am looking for about the issue I am having:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906894

How do I remove Net 2.0 Service Pack 1 if it wont install from the add/remove in control panel. Is there any net framework cleaner or registry removal to force removal of the service pack 1 that seems to be impossible to remove?

#7 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

removal tool here http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx

#8 moddman

moddman
  • Topic Starter

• Members