Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Several viruses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sharonlerose

sharonlerose

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

Hi,

My laptop appears to be infected with several viruses. The first one is a "sound virus" where I get repeated short radio like commercials ads that emerge from my computer even when my browser is closed. I also get script errors that refer to websites that are not visible. I also have a redirect virus that affects both google and yahoo searches. Recently, several program file icons seemed to disappear from my start menu, althoiugh I was able to relocate the programs themselves and pin some new ones -but other programs and files seem to have disappeared for good. For several months, I had been using Hitman Pro whenever I got a redirect virus, or a fake "virus attack/cleaner" program, and it was amazing in that Hitman Pro just got rid of them immediately. But now, nothing seems to work. I run Anti-Malware bytes and that picks up a few things, but never gets rid of the problems entirely. I have Vista on a Toshiba satellite. Can someone help?

Edited by sharonlerose, 24 April 2011 - 09:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

Run Malwarebytes quick scan again, remove anything found. Then go to Http://www.superantispyware.com - download and update the free version. Boot the PC into safe mode - begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears. - run the full scan

remove any infections found, reboot into normal mode and come back here and let me know how that went, then I can give you further instructions.

#3 sharonlerose

sharonlerose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

EDIT: Just to be sure . . Is it OK to run the scan even if I do NOT seem to have to do the tapping on the F8 ?

Edited by sharonlerose, 29 April 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#4 sharonlerose

sharonlerose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

Sorry about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users