Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can google images give you viruses?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Curiousp

Curiousp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

A few weeks ago I was searching on google images on firefox. I typed in spyware into google images and did not press on the thumbnails, just scrolled down the page and Nod32 alerted me that IP address so and so (did not have time to take a screenshot) was being blocked. WOT categorized a few of the sites under red, but I didn't actually click on them. Nod32's red box popped up about 3 times and when I clicked back to google it stopped. I did a full scan and nothing was found. I then downloaded Malwarebytes and the only thing it found was PUM.disabled Windows Updates, which was strange as it says that Windows Updates are on.

I then downloaded Windows Updates from Microsoft because there were quite a few that were missed as the time for automatic updates was for 3am when everyone is asleep. A couple of weeks before my parents had been browsing on internet explorer and I think one of them pressed on a site that contained malware as I looked at the quarantine and Nod32 had terminated attempts from 3 trojans and blocked attacks were reported 6 times. I had done a full scan when coming home and nothing was found.

Am I infected with something, as people say that you can't get viruses from looking at google images, unless you actually click on the pictures? The computer is fast and no other suspicious activity in taskmanager. Malwarebytes still doesn't find anything. I also disabled autorun and system restore.. and still nothing? What could it be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Curiousp

Curiousp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:50 AM

Bump

#3 Curiousp

Curiousp