Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I fix this (0x80070032) request thing so that I can back up my files?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kuroku

kuroku

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hi! I'm really, really stuck on what to do about this error... See, I was given the suggestion to back up my files because something happened from a virus attack that could only be fixed by restoring it to factory settings. (I've already tried a lot of options so this is my last resort.) So I tried going to the backup tool in accessories and started it up. Since this was the first time backing up, I had to do that set up thing, but it won't let me save settings and start the back up. It keeps showing this:

Posted Image

I don't really know too much about this stuff, so can anyone please walk me through on what to do?

Edited by hamluis, 25 April 2011 - 10:20 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kuroku

kuroku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:43 AM

Thank you for the answer, pip22, but I still have that problem. :( I tried doing the registry option, which didn't work. And as for the second option, I don't even think I have the "offline files" option in control panel in order to get rid of folder synchronization. I tried searching the control panel too.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:20 AM

<<...I was given the suggestion to back up my files because something happened from a virus attack that could only be fixed by restoring it to factory settings.>>

Where did you receive this suggestion? What was the identified malware problem?

Unless I am misunderstanding (happens frequently)...you are trying to back up an infected system?

Louis

#4 kuroku

kuroku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

Ach, sorry about that. I should've explained better.

Well, I've already taken care of the virus (Vista Total Security), everything's clean according to malwarebytes, rkill, avast and all. It's just that my wifi wasn't working since then and I've tried practically everything, so it was suggested from a Sony tech I spoke to (I only had 15 minutes to freely speak to her) that I do a reset to factory settings. Thus I'm trying to backup my files, but it isn't working.

Edited by kuroku, 25 April 2011 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users