Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

repeated blocked attacks by norton

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 virushate

virushate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

For the Past hour and a half, I have been getting notices that "a recent attempt to attack your computer was blocked". When im idle they dont pop up as much but when Im searching, even as Im typing this they are coming up every 10-30 seconds. When I look at norton's history it says resolved no action required, but I just dont like knowing that something keeps trying to attack my computer. They are also coming from a few locations:

The main ones says:
system infected: Tidserv activity
attacker url: apro0val-serch1.com

the other one says javanalitik

EDIT: A different one also just popped up saying
attacking computer: filefre-IIj0.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

This sounds very similar to a Backdoor attempting to gain access to your PC, in that case, there's nothing you can do right now. My first step would be to download Malwarebytes from Malwarebytes.com - update it, boot into safe mode, and I would personally temporarily disable your internet while running the scan. Run the quick scan and then post the log here after removing everything found. I can then help further.

#3 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Malwarebytes shouldn't be run in safe mode if you can help it. It does better in normal mode.

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#4 virushate

virushate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

im downloading it right now

#5 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

Is the scan done, virushate? Do you still need assistance?

#6 virushate

virushate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:20 PM

it scanned and i didnt know how to copy/paste the log but it had 6 problems, 2 of them said trojan and were auto checked to be quarantine. the other 4 said white something so i just deleted the trojans and it kept popping up. But i popped in a movie an hour ago and the movie is still playing(on this computer) and i havent gotten any notice since then.

#7 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

Download spybot search and destroy from here http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html - update it, run it and remove anything found. Looks like you're almost good to go, but I wouldn't mark it off as clean just yet

#8 virushate

virushate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

I just downloaded it and Im letting it scan right now

#9 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:17 PM

My laptop is on low battery, I will assist you in the morning. Best of luck

#10 virushate

virushate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

after using spybot i removed 2 things that said click something but it still keeps saying "a recent attempt to attack your computer has been blocked"

#11 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

Was it Click.Giftload? If so, it's a very serious HijackerC which will sneak its way into your registry every single time you boot up, I am afraid I won't be able to help with this and you will need to use some very extensive tools which I am not allowed to suggest you use. You will need to go to the prep in this forum subtopic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html - you will need to follow steps 6-9 - I am not allowed to instruct anything further, but you will need to create a DDS log and create it in that topic, not the other. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

#12 virushate

virushate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:28 PM

yes it was that. Now the laptop always says win32 host something has to close. And after that the internet is down on the computer until I restart. I dont get how this happened all of a sudden especially with norton. Where does click.giftload come from

#13 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

I don't know, but you will have to follow the steps in the other thread. I can no longer assist you with this matter, you will need help from the Malware Removal Team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users