Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiMalware Doctor Again

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 4wine

4wine

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

I'm new to the site as of yesterday, so of course I defer to the veterans but I posted yesterday that I had seen an AntiMalware Doctor screen pop up on my screen and not knowing what it was I thought I would simply X out of it. But later I noticed it in my lower tool bar.

Everything went south after that with re-directs, constant freezing, problem re-booting (works after a few time) & several other things. I re-set to a previous date, ran Antimalware Bytes, etc - but still having tons of problems.

I tried to run R-Kill as the beginning of the instructions as per this site (supposed to later run Antimalware Bytes) but I got short circuited when trying to run R-Kill my computer would not let me run it (something like Error 0X0000 in Memory 0X0000). It asked me if I wanted to cancel with the only answer offered as "OK". When I tried to X out of that a bell would ring and it would stay in place.

I was then told that I was being moved to an "Am I infected" part of the site. Again I'm new but based on my problems it doesnt' seem I need to continue to figure out as to whether I'm infected. To me (again a novice) it's real obvious I'm infected, and I should be on the "infected" part of the site (hopefully with a solution).

Any information to help me solve the problem (first priority) of Anti Malware Doctor (and my computer blocking me from running the steps as suggested here on the site via blocking R-Kill) or any info that would help me understand why I need to be on the "Am I Infected) site would also be appreciated (second priority).

Thanks and Happy Easter...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Computerproblem101

Computerproblem101

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

Go to: Http://www.superantispyware.com - download the program, update it. Boot into safe mode *to do this, begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.* - run the full scan on Superantispyware and then attempt another quick scan of Malwarebytes *I noticed you already have it, good.*

let me know how that went and inform me if anything harmful was detected with either scan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users