Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot transfer files to External HDD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thewolvespurch

thewolvespurch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

I have a 1TB Samsung-Hitachi Hard drive and I've recently come across problems with transferring data.
It is partitioned with around 400GB in WBFS format for playing backed-up Wii games and the other a 600GB in NTFS Format. The partitioned drive for the Wii runs fine with the console and I've never experienced any problems. The other half has always been fast when transferring files to and from the drive.
Recently I haven't been able to copy anything. For example today I tried to transfer a film at 1.4GB across to the hard drive and everytime I attempt it it goes virtually all the way till the end but never finishes the last bit. Depending on how big the file is it can stop at the halfway point of transferring.
Now transferring to the computer is still considerably slower from other mediums but in the end they do eventually transfer. It is just transferring to the external hard drive it seems to be extremely slow and I've tried scanning the drive for errors and scanning with virus software and it all seems to be fine.
Does anyone have any ideas, I have searched a fair amount on the web but nothing seems to work?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

I'm somewhat confused.

Are you saying that a file transferred to either/both partitions on the drive...suddenly evidence problems? Files transferred to just one?

Louis

#3 thewolvespurch

thewolvespurch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

Im only trying to transfer to the 600GB partitioned part which is NTFS. The other 400GB partition is for WBFS format which you need specific software to run. I've recently checked both partitions though and they are both struggling whenever I transfer anything across to them.

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

warranty ?

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor