Hello and welcome,yes just leave that one alone. You may have other malware though that is stoping yous.
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool
) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v220.127.116.11) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 18.104.22.168 of the tool.
- Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it.
- To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- Do not use the computer during the scan
- If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
- Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.22.214.171.124_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
- Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
Next run ATF and SAS:Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner
and then SUPERAntiSpyware
, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update
Under Scanner Options
make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close
" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.
Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode
to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete
" choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected
button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program
NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive
Perform a Complete
scan. After scan,Verify they are all
on the summary screen to quarantine all
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes"
and reboot normally.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
, then click the Statistics/Logs
Under Scanner Logs
, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current
dated log and press View
A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply
to exit the program.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:
Open MBAM in normal/regular mode and click Update
tab, select Check for Updates
scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected
, Post new scan log
into normal mode.
Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.