Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help me remove a virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pond

pond

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:10 AM

Hi Forum,

I believe my computer has been infected with Trojan_BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen. I have had a couple of stabs in the dark at removing it myself (using system restore, running Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D and Avira), but to no avail (and hopefully not making things worse!)

It started showing lots of pop-ups in windows explorer, standard scareware stuff, I thought Id removed it starting up in safe mode when Spybot S&D found HTML/Drop.Agent.AB, but now my .exe files wont run from the desktop and Avira is literally finding thousands of infections.

I also ran HijackThis, fixed a couple of problems it found, one of which keeps instantly re-appearing.

I am emailing you from an unrelated computer that is connected to the net. I have a backup external hard disk of (hopefully) my files that I worry is infected/could re-infect my computer. I disconnected it half way through my fiddling. Advice on how to check this and another flash drive I have would be very much appreciated too.

Malwarebytes and Avira are no longer automatically updating. Sorry, I forget their exact error messages but can try again and post if needed.

Im not sure where Im at now so Im passing it over to someone (you!) who Im hopefully going to be very greatful to! :)

My thanks in advance!

pond

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users