Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

external HD error!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KingKazama

KingKazama

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:12 AM

i have my samsung external HD then Ive scanned it using malwarebytes and quarantined the infected or detected file then after that some my files in my HD cant read and the error is cannot find G:\RECYCLER\0xFFD12566.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

The malware infection has apparently damaged the files on the external drive.
You will have to to re-format it and start afresh with an empty drive.

It's essential to install a good anti-malware/antivirus package to avoid this in future, and it's worth remembering that the best security packages have to be paid for, much as you may object to doing so.

Preventing malware infection in the first place is far more important than removing an infection since after infection the damage is already done. Simply removing the infection won't repair the damage.

Edited by pip22, 24 April 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

Right click on Start> Explore> Tools> Folder Options> View. Under Advanced Settings scroll down to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and remove the check mark.

Edit: On a side note, formatting and reinstalling the operating system is the last ditch means of correcting operating system problems. There are other means of approach which will not cause the loss of data, like doing a repair installation. All of these avenues should be exhausted before resigning to a fresh installation.

Edited by dc3, 24 April 2011 - 11:51 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 KingKazama

KingKazama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:22 AM

is that ok.. bcoz whenever i unchecked it, pop up window appear and.. these files are required to start and run windows. deleting or editing them can make you computer inoperable are you sure you want to display these files??

yes or no?? :huh:

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

Yes.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users