Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Resolution Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 keispiegel

keispiegel

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

I have a dual monitor set up using 2 20" Hanspree Monitors.

They were originally hooked up to my computer's DVI ports and then converted into VGA on the back of the monitor. I recently switched them out for HDMI from the back of the monitor, then converted into DVI on the back of the computer. This gives me better options for resolutions to use, but I don't think I can take advantage of them...or can I?

Native the monitors are 1600 x 900, but my graphics card gives the option for up to 1080p, 1920 x 1080. When I try switching to it, the screen comes up but everything just looks really fuzzy.

I've updated my video and graphics card drivers, and tried searching for drivers for the monitors but I can't seem to find anything. The graphics card is a GeForce GTX 260 if it helps too.

My guess is that perhaps it's just past what the monitor is able to take, but I was hoping to not have to replace them just for a bigger resolution, ya know? Perhaps there's a way of solving it :)

Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

If they are LCD monitors, using any resolution other than the native one will cause the display to look fuzzy or unsharp.
That's regardless of whether the signal is delivered to it via VGA, DVI or HDMI.
That's an unavoidable fact and it's why the native resolution is always quoted for a particular monitor, so you know what res. will give you the sharpest display.

If you want to use a higher resolution without losing sharpness & clarity you'll have to buy a larger monitor with a native resolution of, for example, 1920 x 1080.

Edited by pip22, 24 April 2011 - 08:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users