Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer will not boot/ run recovery disks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Natas15

Natas15

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

My computer: HP Pavilion Elite m9040n PC
Windows Vista.

Problem: Hey guys, im just going to get straight into the point of what happened and whats happening:
My friend asked me to put my music on his Ipod, so I plugged his Ipod into my computer, after about 2 minutes of synchronizing my music onto it, my computer blue screened for the first time, I didn't think anything of it, so I finished it. Then my computer started getting blue screens more, so I ran my virus scan, nothing showed up. Then my computer shut down, everytime I start it now, it loads to the HP screen, and wont load any farther, it wont even let me open the boot menu, settings, or system restore. I have recovery disks to fix my computer and everything, it just wont load the disks to reformat my hard drive. I'm pretty sure this is some kind of virus blocking me from accessing anything. Anything I could do to fix this problem so I can fix my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

Your PC may not boot from recovery discs if the computer BIOS is not set up to boot from the CD drive as the first boot device.
At the bottom of the HP splash screen at boot up, you should see "press xx for setup" or "setup xx", where xx is the actual key you have to press to get into the BIOS Setup.

Once you are in the BIOS Setup, change the boot sequence so that CD-ROM is the first boot device.
Then "Save & Exit" by pressing F10.

The PC should now boot from the recovery disc.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

You might take a look at another member's situation, something may be useful in that topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic392364.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users