Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Updates can't configure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mremski

mremski

• Members
  • 495 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Older HP laptop, XP Professional Version 2002 SP3, running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 with databases updated 4/23/2011 2:04 pm.
Went and looked at the Automatic Updates configuration, all choices are greyed out. My selection of "download but don't install" is still checked, but can't change anything.
It's running a Full Scan from Kaspersky right now on the chance that it picks up something.

Any ideas? Any services that I may have turned off? The obvious ones are started. It seems to be running normally, no web redirects or massive slowdowns.

Suggestions welcome.

thanks

FreeBSD since 3.3, only time I touch Windows is to fix my wife's computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users