Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Finding data on a worksheet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ricky86

ricky86

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hi
Is it possible to use the "Find" feature ( In excel, under Edit, on menu bar) to search and locate more than one cell at a time?
If not, is it possible any other way?
Thanks
Ricky

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:03 PM

What version of Excel are you using?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ricky86

ricky86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

2003 and 2007.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:15 PM

2010 has filtering that could be used. 2007, I haven't been able to make work. I forgot if 2003 had the capability. I don't think it did.

Sorry I couldn't be more definitive. Hopefully someone with more knowledge and experience may have the answer you need.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 ricky86

ricky86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

Yes it does but using it for this reason never ever crossed my mind. Thank you.

Edited by ricky86, 25 April 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#6 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

In 2003 excel:
Auto filter on every column might help and you do custom search in the column (equals, contains, smaller than...). Rows containing the desired value will be selected.
or
Edit, Find, now type what to find, no wild cards, no expressions. Anyway, then press FindAll -it's the button at the bottom of the Find dialog - it will list all matching cells - worksheet, cell address and value. The cells are not highlighted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users