Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange problem with drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ste887

ste887

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

I have received a new digital camera today. finepix s1800
after taking some snaps with it i wanted to download them from the camera to my computer. (vista home edition)
so i connected the camera with the usb cable provided and i could access the camera for about 30 seconds.
in this time vista was installing the drivers for the camera, after it had finished installing the drivers
the camera was no longer available under my computer and when I opened it in device manager, it says
"the device can not start (error code 10.)"
it is not a problem with the camera or the cable as i have checked it and it works fine with the other laptop in the house. (windows 7)
it worked fine untill vista installed what it seems to think is the correct driver and this stops the device from working, does anyone have any fixes?
thanks in advance
-ste

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

The easiest fix (or rather, a workaround) is to use a different method of transferring the pics to your PC, the method 75% of use these days, which is to use a card reader which plugs into a USB port on your PC (no external driver required). Remove the memory card from your PC and push it into the appropriate slot on the memory card.

This is far easier than messing about with a cable connected to your camera everytime you want to transfer pics.

Card readers are inexpensive, just make sure it has a slot for an SD card.

Edited by pip22, 23 April 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#3 ste887

ste887
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

thats what i think i'm going to do.
well off to the computer shop on monday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users