Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kohlman packerfan

kohlman packerfan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

I have tried everything suggested. I use a US Cellular air card for internet connection and can’t seem to connect for updates in safe mode. I have used Malware Bytes, CCleaner, Avira, Norton eraser(says it needs live connection),Trojan Cleaner, etc. None worked. I tried to use the recovery tool 2 days earlier. from safe mode. It shut down saying that my computer was in danger of being destroyed. I searched and looked and can’t seem to find (Windows 7: c:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming\[gibberish])I just don’t know where to look. I am at a loss here.

Roger :
HERE IS THE FIX!!!!
It is VERY easy to get rid of the MS Removal Tool.
1. Run Windows update and apply all listed critical patches.
2. Reboot
3. Go to one of the paths listed below and delete the directory the exe is in:
Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[gibberish]
Windows 7: c:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming\[gibberish]
This application is taking advantage of a known security hole in Windows, if you patch windows it will close the hole.
I have followed this procedure on 3 of my friends PCs.
This will teach you all to keep windows fully patched.

Where and how do I run windows update from safe mode. I can’t do anything if I am not in safe mode.I spent all day trying to get this fixed. Help Please

Edited by hamluis, 23 April 2011 - 07:54 AM.
Moved from Introductions to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users