Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'd Like 2 Introduce Myself 2 U All由ight Now!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 windummy

windummy

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

04-23-11 / E. Coast誘SA!

Greetings to All:

I am very pleased about deciding to join the Bleeping Computer Community Forum as a "first time newbie."

My local PC retailer & tech adviser regarding my latest PC virus issue(s) directed me here. However, I'd just like to introduce myself a little in this initial post first. Then, spend some time perusing what this forum site is all about and HOW the rest of you like to present things around here!

At which point, I'll return later to share some of my IBM platform issue(s) with you all. And ask for the help that I def need.

WHO IS windummy?:

windummy is: MARTIN HENRY. I am an American Composer here in the States. That means I am a songwriter. But, first and foremost, I am also an accomplished studio multi-keyboardist / musician & vocalist with nearly 40 years field experience.

I am also the Founder & Producing Artist of fastraxPro Recording Studios in Upstate New York. I have been building this studio since 1981.

By 1991, I decided to get more serious with these skills and entered the:"On-Hold" Customized Music Message Market (*involving the production install of my copyright original music and voice-overs for various client internal phone management systems).

In Y2000, I decided to upgrade my studio into the digital realm of DAW (Digital-Audio-Workstation) using XP Pro for Microsoft Windows. Presently, I also have begun second launching my business operations into the vast Telephony Market field for VoIP (Voice-over-Internet-Protocol).

Obviously, concerning all these skills and required use of the PC, I have to constantly keep "on top" of the digital audio game. Lately, that process has been a much smoother one for me to date. Until "Murphy's Law" finds me out once again! Regardless, a PC is still a computer whether it is used exclusively for business applications, or not. And although some of you could care less what DAW is and how it is applicable, it is still an app prone to the same common flaws all Operating Systems can inflict upon us all.

So, in closing, I look forward to acclimating myself into this Community Forum. Along with (hopefully) giving back as much as I may receive.

If you care to reply to this post, be sure to tell me a little bit about WHO you are and WHAT your PC passions are all about!

BoOm!

Re,

MH~

> My Current Blog:

You DAW It Here:
http://youdawithere.blogspot.com/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 AM

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hello Martin and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

I've been a member here at BC for about 4.5 years. I started out much like anyone, seeking help for a suspected virus infection. I liked the place, stuck around offering what little assistance I could and learning a lot about computers along the way. Eventually I was invited to join the Moderating team here at BC.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 windummy

windummy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

04-26-11 / E. Coast誘SA!

Hi Buda:

Thank you for welcoming me as a newbie and sharing a little about your PC passion (as I invited all commentators to do so in my introduction). I like this place too and am perusing the tutorials and many other interesting and teachable stuff here. I've finally found a "like minded" place to hang my PC hat. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Re,

MH~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users