Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi! Former MSFT Employee Happy to help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheOtherRob

TheOtherRob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

Hi! I saw so many posts on Malwarebytes' from or about bleepingcomputer that I had to check it out! Happy to be here!

I'm a former SF Bay Area DJ, Former Microsoft Redmond Blue-Badger, Former PC Magazine Project Manager, Current Enterprise Software Consultant (specializing in Contact Center Technologies and Microsoft CRM) and Music Production Enthusiast.

I've got a good, solid set of experience with Windows (3.1, 3.11 (WFW), XP, Vista and Win7) and am happy to share what I can. I know a great deal about the available Digital Audio Workstation packages that are out there as well as all Music Production tools.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Best Regards,

Rob Norton

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 TheOtherRob

TheOtherRob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:16 PM

Thanks! I've been checking them out of and on all day. Very excited that this kind of info is available and aggregated in one place.
Im interested in training / classes on malware removal and security hardening. I've recently become the de facto 'administrator' (for lack of a better term) for four Win 7 machines, a Mac mini, two iPads, four iPhones, and an old XP machine -- my 75-year-old father and Mother both seem intent on clicking on every "Win Money Now!!" banner they see, and opening every hotmail message like it's a long lost friend finally contacting them. Sooooo.... I figured I'd better beef up my skills -- it's going to be a long war. But, hey, on the plus side, maybe I cam use those newfound akills to help others --
So I had noticed this site and a few others were listed as having classrooms about malware removal, etc and wnted to find out more. Any pincers to that info? Just the tutorials?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

See this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic86678.html
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:13 PM

Welcome Rob!!

Win98se is my favourite OS you guys released,its good to have you here!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users