Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running out of options, don't want to clean install.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 moses2218

moses2218

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

My computer is infected with I don't even know what anymore. I am running windows xp 32 bit. Firefox is my default browser. I have run AVG, which has been causing me problems for quite some time. I cannot delete it. I have run Malwarebytes, TDSkiller, SUPERantispyware, Ccleaner (which I believe caused more problems in the registry), under the advisory of Microsoft technicians. These scans always find something and quarentine or delete it. But the problems are never gone.

For starters, my DNS has been hacked. I have the rapidly growing "google search virus" as some call it. As I mentioned before I can't remove AVG, which I believe is either directly or indirectly a big part of the problem. I don't know enough about it to do anything, but I do know that there are problems with my registry. I can't download anything from MSN (such as updates or new service packs), and numerous other sites. To download any antispyware or malware program, I have to find a mirror link to it. I also cannot run Internet Explorer.

I am afraid that I am going to have to reinstall Windows, however my PC didn't come with the disc, and I certainly can't afford it right now, so even if I wanted to, I can't do this right now anyway.

I've searched a lot of the forums here, hoping to find answers, but I understand that problems this deep, aren't as general as normal problems, and a more personal role of what's going on inside my computer needs to be addressed. Any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated. I know you guys are very busy, but I really need help. Looking forward to a reply.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users