Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dragon 10 Naturally Speaking

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DocW

DocW

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

First time here, just looking for help, but I see it's very crowded. Why should I introduce myself? Oh, dear, I'm breaking some rule, I suppose. Can I just get help with restarting Dragon 10, and with installing the L & H TTS3000 British English voice on the Tru-Voice app? I'm 62 and handicapped. I NEED these two functions, but this site is too crowded, methinks, to get help.

Edited by DocW, 22 April 2011 - 10:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

Have you tried contacting customer service for Dragon?
Here is the link for customer support:
http://www.nuance.com/support/dragon-naturallyspeaking/index.htm

#3 teaside

teaside

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

There is an email box (which is not really an email site) to click on but it just leads you to a site where you type a question and a preloaded answer may or may not pop up (usually the answer you seek is not there) The parent company is Nuance Communications somewhere in Europe (Denmark I think). That is a true oxymoron. They don't have a clue about communications. The only direct response is from the retail sites where they take your money for the product and sluff you off to a 3rd party help site after the initial warantee runs out (3 months). Just try to get an actual response from tech support and not some 3rd party who wants $38 or more to solve your problem. The fact that you are supposed to uninstall DNS first before re installing to your new computer or upgraded OS is closing the barn door ..... Uninstalling is an exercise in futility. Nothing has worked, and now we are at a point where we cannot uninstall what sections remain and cannot install as a new program because some old items remain. No clue as to how to remove those items and a computer search produces zip. Someone has suggested that DNS is a POS (I tend to agree, because it locks up your computer quite often and always totally screws up your desktop icon layout EACH and EVERYTIME you use it). The voice program that comes as part of Windows 7 is touted as much better and is "free".

#4 teaside

teaside

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

It's me again. Hope you are still coming here to see if any answers. I have been busy setting up my wife's HP computer Windows 7 64-bit. We had great problems trying to install Dragon premium 11 which works just fine on XP. Researching various help sites produces the fact that there are a bazillion of us who have the same install problems. Windows 7 has a speech recognition program that comes as part of the package. I finally got my wife to try it out this afternoon (she has prgressive MS) and the training went extremely well and it seems to do everything that Dragon can no longer do. Some of the prompts etc are different but that is part of the learning process. If this works out as it seems to do then Dragon and head office of Nuance can go you know where. It is a shame that an international company with its fingers in many, many pies around the world cannot find senior personnel who recognize that they have a serious public relations problem and it will only get worse as more users downgrade to Windows 7, yes downgrade. Let us know how you make out. teaside

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users